[Public] Fwd: [Csinfos] saarsec CTF Workshop

Constantin Berhard mail at cberhard.de
Mi Okt 5 21:17:08 CEST 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Csinfos] saarsec CTF Workshop
Date: 	Wed, 05 Oct 2016 12:22:07 +0200
From: 	Marc Vincent Oliver Katz <s8makatz at stud.uni-saarland.de>
To: 	csinfos at cs.fs.uni-saarland.de

Dear Students,

the saarsec CTF Team would like to invite you to participate in our
upcoming CTF workshop.

CTF, what?

CTF stands for "Capture the flag" competitions or "Hacking for fun".
CTFs are international online competitions in which you can hack other
students.

Each team receives a virtual machine with services which are written
in "random" languages like php, perl or whitespace and disguise
themselves as forums or ticket booking systems. Your goal is to find
the vulnerability, patch it and exploit other teams with it.

Why should you play?

Ever wanted to hack a social network running on your enemy's machine
while defending your team's image hosting service?
It is really fun. You can practically apply knowledge from lectures
and you will always learn something new.

We offer a workshop from 21st to 23rd of October. It covers the basics
of playing a CTF and common vulnerability types. The highlight is the
CTF between all workshop participants on Sunday. No prior knowledge is
required. All you need is some time and the will to learn something
new and cool.

Interested? More information on the workshop, a participant's report
on the last workshop, and the registration are online at
https://workshop.saarsec.rocks

(The number of participants is limited and it's first come first serve)

We hope to see you there
saarsec Team