[Public] Fwd: Advice and Support Required for Hardware Hackathon

Jochen Bauer tks at jochenbauer.net
Fr Sep 19 20:47:33 CEST 2014

Am 19.09.2014 um 19:35 schrieb Dushyant Mehta:
> I was hoping that given your experience with such events, you may be able
> to help out on several fronts:
> - Advice drawn from your past experiences organizing and attending hardware
> hackathons. The dos and the donts, tips on what makes a hardware hackathon
> successful.

Hi Dushyant,

unfortunately we have to confess that we did not organize any kind of
such an event at our hackerspace yet.

However, we had a group of students from the University doing some
hardware hacking in our place earlier this year.

They met at our place to do some Arduino workshop for a couple of weeks
-- guided by two PhD students from the MPI (Max Planck Institute for
Informatics) at the UdS.

You might contact Simon Olberding
(https://embodied.mpi-inf.mpg.de/people/simon-olberding/), who led that
project, to get some advice.

Sorry that I cannot provide you with any specific hints and experience.

Nonetheless you are very welcome to visit us at our hackerspace
Saarbrücken to talk about Ideas. Mayhaps some of our guys could help
you, though.

Regards

Jochen Bauer